Vegan pineapple and mushroom fried rice
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, grated
- 5 large fresh shiitake mushrooms, rinsed, patted dry and cut into thin slices (stalks optional)
- ½ teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fermented kimchi, finely sliced
- 2¼ cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- ½ cup fresh pineapple, finely diced into cubes
- ⅓ cup spring onions, sliced diagonally, to garnish
1 Heat a wok over a high heat until it starts to smoke, then add the oil and the ginger and stir-fry for 5 sec. Add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 30 sec.
2 Season with the dark soy sauce, then add the kimchi followed by the cooked rice and toss together for 1 min.
3 Season with the light soy sauce, then add the pineapple cubes and mix gently into the rice. Garnish with the spring onions and serve immediately.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 0.5g
Dietary fibre 3.4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information