Vege and chickpea fajitas
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut in small florets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups baby spinach, to serve
- 4 wholegrain tortillas, warmed
- hot chilli sauce, to serve
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 Place oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Gently cook onion for 5 minutes, or until soft. Stir in cauliflower and cook for 3–4 minutes over high heat, or until cauliflower is light golden. Add garlic and carrot to pan and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chickpeas and water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10–12 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Stir through parsley.
3 Serve vege mixture with baby spinach, tortillas and chilli sauce.
Make it vegan: Check tortillas, chilli sauce and tomato paste are vegan.
Make it gluten free: Check tortillas, chilli sauce and tomato paste are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)