Vege and chickpea fajitas
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut in small florets
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups baby spinach, to serve
- 4 wholegrain tortillas, warmed
- hot chilli sauce, to serve
1 Place oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Gently cook onion for 5 minutes, or until soft. Stir in cauliflower and cook for 3–4 minutes over high heat, or until cauliflower is light golden. Add garlic and carrot to pan and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, chickpeas and water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10–12 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Stir through parsley.
3 Serve vege mixture with baby spinach, tortillas and chilli sauce.
Make it vegan: Check tortillas, chilli sauce and tomato paste are vegan.
Make it gluten free: Check tortillas, chilli sauce and tomato paste are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 14g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us