Lentil curry – quick, easy and delicious
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups chopped pumpkin, cut in 3cm chunks
- 2 potatoes, cut in 3cm chunks
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, drained
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 120g baby spinach
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
1 Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add cumin, turmeric and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in pumpkin, potatoes and tomatoes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2 Add lentils and cook for 5 minutes or until pumpkin and potato pieces are cooked. Add coriander.
3 Serve on rice with baby spinach.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information