Warm asparagus, pea and salmon rice
(at time of publication)
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, sliced
- 1 ½ cups frozen baby peas
- 2 x 250g packaged microwaveable brown rice
- 2 x 210g cans no-added-salt salmon, drained, skin and bones removed, flaked
- 130g baby spinach
- 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon finely grated zest of lemon lemon and
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 Cook asparagus and peas in a large saucepan of boiling water until just tender. Drain well.
2 Cook rice following packet directions. Place rice, cooked vegetables, salmon and baby spinach in a large bowl.
3 Place lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and a pinch of sugar in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Add to warm rice and gently toss to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.