Vegetarian sausages with balsamic onions and pea mash
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 600g potatoes, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ¼ cup trim milk
- 8 vegetarian sausages
- To make balsamic onions, spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium-low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until slightly caramelised. Add capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add balsamic and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 more minutes or until caramelised.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes, adding peas in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain well, return to saucepan and add milk. Mash until smooth and keep warm.
- Cook sausages following packet directions. Divide mash and sausages among serving plates and top with balsamic onions.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free sausages.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us