Vegetarian sausages with balsamic onions and pea mash
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 600g potatoes, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ¼ cup trim milk
- 8 vegetarian sausages
- To make balsamic onions, spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a medium-low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until slightly caramelised. Add capsicum. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add balsamic and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 more minutes or until caramelised.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes, adding peas in the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain well, return to saucepan and add milk. Mash until smooth and keep warm.
- Cook sausages following packet directions. Divide mash and sausages among serving plates and top with balsamic onions.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free sausages.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information