Time to make: 7 hrs 15 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 500g venison medallions or cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup green lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 bouquet garni
- 330ml beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 2 cups salt-reduced liquid beef stock
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Heat a frying pan with a little oil spray and brown venison in batches. Add meat to the slow cooker with flour and toss to coat evenly.
2 Wipe pan and add a little oil spray. Cook garlic and onions until soft. Add to slow cooker.
3 Add the remaining ingredients – adding stock last. Stir well. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Serve with fresh parsley and crusty bread.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us