Vietnamese fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Peanut dipping sauce
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- juice of 1 lime
- Spring rolls
- 16 rice paper wrappers
- 100g rice or bean vermicelli, cooked
- 1 cup each cos lettuce leaves, shredded red cabbage, julienned carrot, mung bean sprouts
- 1 cup mixed fresh coriandercilantroX and mint
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 24 cooked prawns, peeled and tails removed
Total fat 26g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 In a bowl, whisk all dipping sauce ingredients to combine. Add boiling water a little at a time to thin.
2 In a bowl, combine vegetables and herbs.
3 Fill a shallow baking dish with cold water. Dip a rice paper wrapper into the dish for about 10 seconds and place onto a damp tea towel. Place a small amount of vermicelli onto the bottom third of the wrapper then top with vegetables and herbs. Place avocado next to the vermicelli and prawns next to the noodles.
4 Roll the bottom of the wrapper over the veges, then fold in the left and right sides. Now roll this over the avocado, then roll the whole lot over the prawns and seal. Place finished rolls onto a serving plate. Serve with peanut dipping sauce.
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use chopped tempeh or potato gnocchi instead of prawns.
Make it low FODMAP: Swap garlic for garlic-infused oil and reduce avocado serve to ½ an avocado.
If you aren’t serving straight away, place made up rolls between two damp paper towels.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)