Warm satay chicken salad
(at time of publication)
- Satay sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- small pinch chilli powder
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter with no salt or sugar added
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced chicken stock powder
- ½ teaspoon coconut essence
- 400g chicken breast or thigh, chopped in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil such as canola or sunflower
- ¼ head cabbage, sliced finely
- 2 medium carrots, cut in rings
- 2 cups sliced green beans or frozen baby beans
- 2 medium new potatoes, cut in small wedges, steamed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 To make sauce, fry garlic in oil for 1 minute then add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken. Allow to cool to room temperature.
2 In a frying pan cook chicken in oil and set aside. Steam cabbage, carrots and beans until lightly cooked. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
3 Assemble salad in a large flat serving platter or 4 individual wide bowls. Arrange cabbage, carrots and beans on the bottom. Add potatoes and then chicken. Pour sauce over, top with spring onions then serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us