Warm satay chicken salad
(at time of publication)
- Satay sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- small pinch chilli powder
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter with no salt or sugar added
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced chicken stock powder
- ½ teaspoon coconut essence
- 400g chicken breast or thigh, chopped in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil such as canola or sunflower
- ¼ head cabbage, sliced finely
- 2 medium carrots, cut in rings
- 2 cups sliced green beans or frozen baby beans
- 2 medium new potatoes, cut in small wedges, steamed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 To make sauce, fry garlic in oil for 1 minute then add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken. Allow to cool to room temperature.
2 In a frying pan cook chicken in oil and set aside. Steam cabbage, carrots and beans until lightly cooked. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
3 Assemble salad in a large flat serving platter or 4 individual wide bowls. Arrange cabbage, carrots and beans on the bottom. Add potatoes and then chicken. Pour sauce over, top with spring onions then serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.