Warm satay chicken salad
(at time of publication)
- Satay sauce
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- small pinch chilli powder
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter with no salt or sugar added
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced chicken stock powder
- ½ teaspoon coconut essence
- 400g chicken breast or thigh, chopped in small pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil such as canola or sunflower
- ¼ head cabbage, sliced finely
- 2 medium carrots, cut in rings
- 2 cups sliced green beans or frozen baby beans
- 2 medium new potatoes, cut in small wedges, steamed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 To make sauce, fry garlic in oil for 1 minute then add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Simmer for 5 minutes to thicken. Allow to cool to room temperature.
2 In a frying pan cook chicken in oil and set aside. Steam cabbage, carrots and beans until lightly cooked. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
3 Assemble salad in a large flat serving platter or 4 individual wide bowls. Arrange cabbage, carrots and beans on the bottom. Add potatoes and then chicken. Pour sauce over, top with spring onions then serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.