Warm wasabi beef, soba noodle and spinach salad
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 500g lean rump steak, fat trimmed
- spray olive oil
- 180g dried soba noodles
- 2 bunches broccolini, or 4 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted, to garnish
- In a small bowl, combine wasabi, mirin, soy sauce and vinegar. Pour half into a shallow glass or ceramic dish, reserving the remainder.
Add steak to dish and coat with marinade. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate to medium-high. Drain the steak of excess marinade, lightly spray with oil and cook for 2-3 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, loosely cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan of boiling water, cook soba noodles according to packet instructions, or until al dente. Add broccolini for last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain well.
- Slice beef thinly. In a large bowl, combine noodles, broccolini, spinach, capsicum, onion and beef. Add reserved marinade and gently toss to combine. Garnish with sesame seeds to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and soy sauce. Check wasabi and mirin are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use tofu instead of beef. Check mirin and rice wine vinegar are vegan.
Make it low FODMAP: Choose broccoli instead of broccolini. Replace red onion with finely chopped spring onion (only use the green tips).
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us