Yellow chickpea curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 yellow or red capsicums, diced
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 250g pouch microwavable brown rice
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve (optional)
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 12g
- Place a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with olive oil. Add onion, carrot and capsicum, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in curry powder, then add stock, chickpeas and lentils with 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15—20 minutes, or until lentils are cooked and curry has thickened.
- Heat rice according to packet instructions. Serve curry over rice with a dollop of yoghurt and chopped coriander, if desired.
For extra heat and flavour, add 1 teaspoon each of cumin and chilli flakes.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and spices are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us