Baked chicken and vegetable hasselback
- 4 small chicken breast fillets
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, halved, cut into thin slices
- 1 small zucchini/courgette, cut into thin slices
- 3 yellow squash/yellow courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, plus extra
- 40g grated parmesan
- 600g baby potatoes
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly spray an oven tray with olive oil, then line with baking paper.
2 Working with one fillet at a time, use a small sharp knife to cut four slits into top of each fillet, making sure not to cut all the way through. Transfer to prepared tray. Place a slice of tomato, zucchini and squash into each cut. Sprinkle over paprika, thyme and parmesan, then bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle over extra thyme.
3 Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
4 Divide chicken and vegetable hasselback among four plates. Serve with potatoes, salad and lemon.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.4g
–Saturated fat 3.4g
Dietary fibre 6.4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.