‘Dirty rice’ with pork and veges
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
- ½ cup liquid no-added-salt chicken stock
- spray oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup (about 150g) chicken livers, finely chopped
- 300g lean pork mince
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 cups green beans and broccoli mix, chopped in 2cm pieces, steamed until tender
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place rice, stock and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil then reduce to a low heat and cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
2 Meanwhile, spray a pan with oil and add onion, capsicum and celery. Cook for a few minutes until softened then add chicken livers and pork mince. Cook for 5-10 minutes until mince is browned.
3 Stir through Cajun seasoning and cooked rice and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add vegetables and stir to combine. Serve garnished with parsley if preferred.
- For extra heat, add 1/2 or 1 chopped red chilli.
- Make it gluten free: Check stock and seasoning are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.