Beef noodle soupReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 40g rice noodles
- 125g lean steak
- 2 teaspoons oil or spray oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, ribboned or sliced using a vegetable peeler
- 1 courgette, ribboned or sliced using a vegetable peeler
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt-reduced beef stock granules mixed with 2 cups water
1 Place the noodles in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Leave to stand for 4 minutes. Heat a pan until hot. Add steak and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or to your liking. Set to one side. Drain noodles.
2 Heat a non-stick pan with oil and cook shallot for a few minutes until softened. Add paste and cook for a few minutes more. Add veges, mushrooms and stock. Heat through.
3 Slice beef thinly and add to soup with noodles. Heat through before serving.
A vegetable or julienne peeler is quick, easy to use and makes veges look very tempting.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information