Garlic and rosemary chicken tray bake
- 2 potatoes, unpeeled, sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced
- 4 small skinless chicken drumsticks
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup red capsicum, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 garlic bulb, broken into cloves
- 2 cups chopped silverbeet
- 100g feta
- freshly ground black pepper
1 Spray a large ovenproof dish with oil and preheat oven to 200°C. Cook potatoes and sweet potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain.
2 Cut several slits in chicken pieces and toss with orange zest.
3 Place all the vegetables, except silverbeet, into a large bowl. Mix the orange juice with olive oil and vinegar, then use to coat veggies.
4 Place coated veggies into prepared dish and top with chicken pieces. Push small pieces of rosemary sprigs into slits of chicken. Add garlic and remaining rosemary to tray and toss to mix ingredients.
5 Bake for 45 minutes, tossing halfway through. Stir through silverbeet, then cook for 10 more minutes. Season with pepper and scatter feta on top.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19.4g
–Saturated fat 6.2g
Dietary fibre 6.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information