Moroccan beef with golden kumara rice
(at time of publication)
- 250g golden kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in 2cm cubes
- 550g lean rump steak
- spray oil
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 250g packet microwaveable brown basmati rice
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- ⅓ cup eggplantaubergineX dip
- 300g baby spinach
1 Boil or microwave kumara until tender. Drain and set aside.
2 Meanwhile, place a medium-sized frying pan over a high heat. Lightly spray steak with oil, sprinkle with seasoning and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
3 Cook rice following packet directions. Fold through kumara and chickpeas. Top steak slices with eggplant dip and serve with rice and baby spinach.
More delicious Moroccan style beef recipes:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.