Beef patties with pumpkin salad
(at time of publication)
- 500g butternut squash, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 red capsicums, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 600g lean beef mince
- ⅔ cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup caramelised onion relish
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups baby spinach
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place squash, capsicums and red onion on a large baking tray. Drizzle with oil and vinegar. Toss to coat. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden and tender.
2 Meanwhile, combine mince, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, relish and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Use damp hands to mix to combine. Use 1/4 cup mixture at a time, roll into 12 balls then flatten slightly.
3 Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. Spray patties with oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, place spinach and roasted vegetables in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Serve patties with squash salad.
- You can replace spinach with wild rocket or mixed baby salad leaves.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and check onion relish and Worcestershire sauce are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.