Beef patties with pumpkin salad
- 500g butternut squash, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 red capsicums, thickly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 600g lean beef mince
- ⅔ cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup caramelised onion relish
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cups baby spinach
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place squash, capsicums and red onion on a large baking tray. Drizzle with oil and vinegar. Toss to coat. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden and tender.
2 Meanwhile, combine mince, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, relish and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Use damp hands to mix to combine. Use 1/4 cup mixture at a time, roll into 12 balls then flatten slightly.
3 Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. Spray patties with oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, place spinach and roasted vegetables in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Serve patties with squash salad.
- You can replace spinach with wild rocket or mixed baby salad leaves.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and check onion relish and Worcestershire sauce are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like