Beef satay with brown rice
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 400g beef schnitzel, sliced in strips
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 large carrots, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons no-added-salt-or-sugar peanut butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 x 250g packets cooked microwaveable brown rice, to serve
- 1 head steamed broccoli, to serve
1 Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Spray with oil. Add onion and cook until soft. Add beef. Cook for 4-5 minutes until browned.
2 Add soy sauce and carrots. Cook for 4-5 minutes until carrots are tender.
3 Add peanut butter, sugar and lemon juice. Combine well. Add 1 cup hot water to form sauce. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Season with pepper. Serve with rice and broccoli.
- Adjust the amount of water added to get desired sauce consistency.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.