Anne’s vegan bolognese
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, finely chopped
- handful fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 420g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Cook rice following packet directions. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add thyme and walnuts. Cook for two minutes then add lentils and mash slightly with a potato masher. Add tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes. Add spinach and combine, cooking until spinach is wilted. Season with pepper then serve with brown rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us