Blackcurrant and cherry meringue trifles
Time to make: 30 mins , plus 2 hrs chilling
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 sachet Weight Watchers no-sugar strawberry or raspberry jelly
- 6 small meringues, crumbled
- 2/3 cup frozen blackcurrants
- 150g cherries, stonepitXs removed
- 1 1/3 cups trim milk
- 4 teaspoons custard powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat cherry yoghurt
- To decorate
- fresh mint and berries
- 4 teaspoons grated dark chocolate
Total fat 1g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 Dissolve jelly crystals in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/3 cup cold water. Leave to cool.
2 Divide the meringues between the glasses. Add blackcurrants and cherries. Pour cooled jelly over fruit. Leave to set.
3 Make custard by placing 1 cup of milk and vanilla in pan and heat until hot. Mix remaining milk with custard powder and sugar to make a paste. Pour hot milk over the paste. Mix and return to pan, stirring over a gentle heat until thickened. Leave to cool.
4 Mix the cooled custard with yoghurt and spoon over the fruits.
5 Chill. Serve decorated with fresh mint, chocolate and berries.
Make it gluten free: Check yoghurt and custard powder are gluten free.