Butter chicken soup
(at time of publication)
- 1 large boneless chicken breast (or equivalent weight of boneless thigh meat)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoonground coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 fat cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- fresh 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons plain flourall purpose flourX
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 3 cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup basmati rice
- ¼ cup lite cream
- natural yoghurt and fresh coriandercilantroX
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Cut the meat into small pieces or slice thinly. Combine with the other marinade ingredients in a glass bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or before you go to work in the morning).
2 Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add marinated chicken and chopped onion. Stir constantly until the chicken is sealed (white looking) and the onion is soft. Add the dried spices and ginger, then stir in the tomatoes and chicken stock. When simmering, pour in the basmati rice, stir, and simmer for 10 minutes.
3 Mix together the tomato paste and flour and whisk, a little at a time, into the soup. Add the brown sugar and cream and season to taste.
4 Serve in soup bowls with a dollop of natural yoghurt, chopped fresh coriander and torn up naan bread for dunking.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.6g
–Saturated fat 4.5g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.