Carrot and beetroot salad with orange harissa dressing
Time to make: 20 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free harissa paste, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free paprika
- 1 bunch baby carrots or 2 large carrots, peeled into thin ribbons (see tips)
- 4 small cooked baby beetrootbeetsXs (we used LeaderBrand), sliced into thin rounds
- 2 radishes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup roughly torn fresh flat-leaf parsley
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, juices, harissa and paprika.
- On a serving platter, arrange carrot, beetroot and radish. Drizzle over dressing, then scatter with orange zest, mint and parsley. Serve.
Make it vegan: Check harissa paste is vegan.
Make it low FODMAP: Use canned beetroot (it’s lower in FODMAPs), and use a garlic-free harissa paste.
Add some orange segments to this salad, if you like.
Cut carrots using a mandolin or peeler.