Chicken and mango chutney burger
(at time of publication)
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, each halved horizontally to make 4 thin pieces
- oil spray
- 4 teaspoons mango chutney
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup fresh basil, thinly shredded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ medium avocado, finely diced
- 4 medium wholemeal bread rolls, halved
- 8 cups side salad plus vinaigrette (made with 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar)
1 Preheat a grill pan or barbecue to medium-high. Spray chicken with oil and cook for 5 minutes each side or until chicken is cooked through.
2 In a medium-sized bowl combine chutney, tomatoes, basil and 1 tablespoon lime juice.
3 In another small bowl mash avocado with the remaining lime juice.
4 Split bread rolls and lightly toast. Spread bottom half of each bread roll with one-quarter of the avocado mixture. Top with a piece of chicken, then divide salsa among burgers (add any leftovers to the salad). Top with the bread roll top halves and serve with salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check chutney is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us