Chicken fajita stuffed potatoes
Time to make: 1 hr 5 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 6 large potatoes or kumarasweet-potatoX
- spray oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lime, or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 600g chicken thighs, sliced
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 capsicum, roasted, sliced (store-bought is fine)
- 400g frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 400g can baked beans
- 6 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- ¹/³ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX or parsley, to serve
Total fat 13g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Prick potatoes or kumara all over and spray with oil. Bake for 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
2 Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, the juice, spices and garlic. Add chicken. Toss and leave to marinate for 20 minutes, or until needed.
3 When the potatoes have about 20 minutes left, in a pan, heat remaining oil over medium. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Remove from pan and keep warm.
4 Add half of the chicken to pan. Cook until golden, remove from pan and set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken. Return all chicken to pan, add onion and vegetables. Stir-fry for a further 3-4 minutes, until heated through. Add baked beans and cook for a final 3-4 minutes.
5 Remove potatoes from oven, cut in half and divide among 6 plates. Spoon over chicken and vegetable filling. Serve with yoghurt and chopped coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and baked beans are gluten free.
The chicken can be marinated for longer for a more intense flavour.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.