(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled, sliced
- 500g lean chicken mince
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup diced courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 150g reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 150g low-fat plain yoghurt
- 75g parmesan cheese
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, sliced
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Lightly spray a large ovenproof dish with oil. Preheat oven to 190°C. Cook potatoes for 10 minutes in boiling water. Drain and set aside.
2 Meanwhile, spray a non-stick pan with oil and cook mince with garlic and onion for 4-5 minutes or until evenly browned. Add sun-dried tomatoes and Tuscan seasoning with tomatoes, 1 1/2 cups water, courgettes and mushrooms. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, mix ricotta with yoghurt and parmesan.
4 Layer mince in dish with eggplant and potatoes to have 3 layers, finishing with eggplant and potato. Spread over cheese mix and sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free Tuscan seasoning and check yoghurt and ground nutmeg are gluten free.
This recipe freezes well.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.