(at time of publication)
- ½ cup brown rice
- spray oil
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 300g skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- ¾ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, plus extra to garnish
- ½ cup frozen broad beansfavaX, defrosted and pods removed
- ⅓ cup light sour cream
- fresh chives, to garnish
- In a saucepan, place rice and 1 cup water and stir. Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cover, simmering, for 20-25 minutes, until rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, spray a large pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add spring onions and broccoli and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove veges from pan and set aside.
- Spray pan again with oil and add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Add stock, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and smoked paprika. Add veges back to pan, along with broad beans, and bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Add sour cream and stir to combine.
- Divide stroganoff between 2 plates and serve with brown rice. Garnish with chives and paprika.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $75. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information