Chicken tortilla with Mexi slaw and avocado cucumber yoghurt
(at time of publication)
- 250g chicken breasts
- spray oil
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 carrot, julienned or grated
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- juice and zest of lemon lemon ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoons chilli oil (or use olive oil and add fresh chilli)
- Avocado cucumber yoghurt
- ½ cup plain low-fat yoghurt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and seeds removed
- ½ avocado
- To serve
- ⅓ x 420g can refried beans
- 2 large or 4 small corn sweetcornXor flour tortillas
- hot sauce (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a baking dish lined with baking paper, place chicken breasts. Spray with oil and season with pepper, cumin and smoked paprika. Bake for 10-25 minutes, until cooked through.
- In a large bowl combine carrot, cabbage, spring onion and coriander. Dress with lemon juice and chilli oil. Set aside.
- To make avocado cucumber yoghurt, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- In a pot over a low to medium heat, warm refried beans gently. In a dry pan over a medium heat, warm tortillas for 20 seconds on each side. Slice chicken breasts. Fill tortillas with beans, chicken, slaw and avocado cucumber yoghurt. Top with hot sauce, if using.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tortillas and check ground spices and refried beans are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Replace chicken with vegan Quorn pieces and use soy yoghurt instead.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $112. Just grab the shopping list and you’re ready!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 24g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.