Chickpea and vege fritters
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup trim milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 400g can corn sweetcornXkernels, drained, rinsed
- 1 medium carrot, scrubbed, grated
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, basil
- oil spray, to grease
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Place eggs and milk in a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined. Sift flour into egg mixture, whisking to remove lumps.
2 Add chickpeas, veges and herbs. Mix well.
3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat. Scoop ¼-cupfuls of batter |into pan (to make 4 fritters). Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 12 fritters. Serve warm.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free self-raising flour.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us