Moroccan mince bake
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 red or green capsicum, diced
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 170g (1 cup) Israeli couscous
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 200g (3 cups sliced) mushrooms, sliced
- 100g spinach
- 400g can light evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoon freshly shaven parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180.C. Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish. Add carrots, onion and capsicum and cook for 15 minutes.
2 Meanwhile brown mince. Add seasoning. Prepare couscous following packet directions using just 1 tablespoon oil.
3 Add couscous and mince to dish with remaining vegetables and milk. Toss lightly.
4 Sprinkle with parmesan and bake for 20 minutes.
Make it vegetarian: Use Quorn mince instead of lean beef
Make it gluten free: Use quinoa or rice instead of couscous, and check seasoning is gluten free.
- This recipe is best made in a large, shallow ovenproof dish to ensure even cooking.
- It can be prepared in advance, chilled and cooked later. Allow the dish to reach room temperature before baking.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.