Chocolate hazelnut biscuits
(at time of publication)
- 125g reduced-fat spread
- 1 cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt (optional)
- ¾ cup finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 3 large baking trays with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl beat spread, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer, until pale and creamy. Add egg and mix until well combined. Sift flour, cocoa and salt (if using) into mixture. Stir until just combined. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll 2 teaspoons of dough at a time into 37 balls. Roll balls in chopped hazelnuts and place 3cm apart on prepared trays. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until biscuits are light golden, swapping trays halfway through cooking time. Leave to cool on trays.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check cocoa is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use gluten-free flour that does not contain soy, garbanzo bean or lupin flours or amaranth.
If any husks remain after sifting flour, add these to mixture as well.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information