Coconut peanut chicken curry
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/4 cups Delmaine Black Rice, rinsed until water runs clear
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons Ceres Organics Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 tablespoon Ceres Organics Coconut Aminos Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Countdown Essentials Brown Sugar
- Dot's Cooking Oil Spray
- 400g Waitoa Free Range Skinless Chicken Breast, sliced in chunks
- 400ml can Countdown Essentials Coconut Milk
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, diced
- 1 cup green beans, topped and tailed
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup Countdown Homebrand Frozen Peas
- Palmers Fresh CorianderCilantroX leaves, to serve
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
- In a large saucepan combine rinsed rice and water. Set over a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10-15 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork before serving.
- While rice is cooking, in a small bowl combine curry paste, peanut butter, coconut aminos and brown sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a heavy-based pan to medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add curry paste mixture and stir to combine. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add courgettes and beans and cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until liquid is reduced and chicken is cooked through. Add spinach and peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve curry with rice, topped with coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Mastercraft, Countdown, Ceres Organics, Delmaine, Dot’s, Palmers and Waitoa.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)