Courgette and feta fritters
(at time of publication)
- 4 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- ¾ cup (90g) feta cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh marjoram or mint
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- cooking spray oil
- 4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, torn
- ⅔ cup plain yoghurt, to serve
1 Squeeze out excess moisture from courgettes. Combine with feta, selected herb, breadcrumbs, eggs and half the onion.
2 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Over a medium-high heat, cook heaped tablespoons of batter for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden. Repeat to make a total of 16 fritters.
3 Combine tomatoes, mint and remaining onion in a bowl. Serve salad with fritters and yoghurt.
Time saver: For tasty vege burgers, shape mixture into 4 patties and serve on wholegrain bread rolls.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information