Creamy vege penne
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 spring onions, green part only
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced thinly
- 200g broccolini or 2 1/2 cups broccoli, cut in florets
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- chilli flakes or fresh chilli; basil leaves; freshly ground black pepper, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Cook penne according to packet instructions. When cooked, save 1/2 cup pasta water and set aside before draining.
2 Heat half the garlic oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add spring onions, courgettes and broccolini and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes, until tomatoes are softened.
3 Add the cooked penne, ricotta and half the parmesan. Stir, using a little of the reserved pasta water to make a smooth texture.
4 Serve, garnishing with the remaining parmesan and garlic oil. Add basil and chilli flakes, if using.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free penne.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us