Cold rice noodle salad with crunchy veges, tempeh and honey-peanut dressing
- 90g rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled in ribbons
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced, reserving some for garnish
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2cm piece ginger, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- spray oil
- 125g tempeh, in 2cm slices
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts, to garnish
1 Cook rice noodles, following packet instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Add sesame oil and mix through. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, combine next 7 ingredients well. In a small bowl combine peanut butter, vinegar, honey and hot water. Add noodles to vegetables, pour over most of the dressing, reserving a little, and toss to coat.
3 Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add tempeh and cook, turning, until browned. Remove from heat. In a cup, combine soy sauce and 1 tablespoon water and add to pan, shaking pan to coat tempeh. Serve salad topped with tempeh, garnished with reserved chilli, peanuts and remaining dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it vegan: Replace honey with maple syrup. Check rice noodles and rice wine vinegar are vegan.
Make it gluten free: Check tempeh and soy sauce are gluten free
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us