Curried vege fritters with cucumber and carrot salad and chilli yoghurt
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 spring onion, green part only, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, to garnish
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- good grind black pepper
- 4 cups grated swede (400g whole swedes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled in ribbons
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, skin removed, peeled in ribbons
- juice of 1 lemon (plus lemon wedges to serve – optional)
- pinch salt and pepper
- Chilli yoghurt
- 1 teaspoons sriracha or sweet chilli sauce
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C.Combine fritter ingredients (except oil) in a large bowl and mix well.
2 Heat a large pan over a medium heat and add oil. Cook large handfuls of fritter mixture in pan for 2 minutes each side, until golden. Repeat until you have 10 fritters. Place fritters on an oven tray and cook in oven for 20 minutes, until cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, in a bowl combine salad ingredients. Mix chilli sauce and yoghurt together.
4 Serve fritters with salad and yoghurt on the side, garnished with coriander.
If you can’t find swedes, use parsnip or kumara.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and sriracha or sweet chilli sauce are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature– everything you need for four nights of simple, tasty nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $95. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)