Garlic and rosemary chicken with cheesy polentaReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 3 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups instant polenta
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- olive oil spray
- 4 chicken breast fillets (around 500g), halved horizontally
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved (or can cherry tomatoes, drained)
- 2 cups sliced green beans
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 Place stock and water in a medium saucepan and set over a high heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and pour in polenta in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan.
2 Meanwhile spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium-high heat. Rub chicken with garlic and rosemary, and cook for 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Place on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Add tomatoes to the pan; cook for 3—5 minutes, or until almost blistering. Add beans; cook for 2 minutes. Add a splash of water to create steam. Toss through the spinach and cook for 1 minute until spinach is wilted and beans tender.
3 Divide polenta among 4 plates. Top with chicken and vegetables, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
- Make it low FODMAP: Replace garlic with 2 teaspoons garlic-infused oil. Choose a chicken stock that doesn’t contain onion or garlic powder.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information