(at time of publication)
- ¼ cup honey
- 100g reduced-fat spread
- ½ cup soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ¾ cup trim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon OR 1 teaspoon dried cinnamon and 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Place honey, spread, sugar and milk in a microwave-proof bowl and cook on high for 2 1/2 minutes, or until spread has melted. Stir halfway through.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Beat in egg and soda. In a separate bowl, sift flour together with mixed spice, cinnamon and ginger. Beat sifted ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Pour into a lined glass microwave-proof loaf dish. Cover with a paper towel. Cook on high for 4-5 minutes, or until just set. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before turning out. Cool before slicing.
- All timings are guidelines only as individual microwaves will vary slightly.
- Once cooled, this cake can be frozen. Unless you plan to serve the gingerbread within two days, freeze any remaining slices.
- Click here for some handy microwave tips.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us