- ¼ cup honey
- 100g reduced-fat spread
- ½ cup soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon OR 1 teaspoon dried cinnamon and 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place honey, spread, sugar and milk in a microwave-proof bowl and cook on high for 2 1/2 minutes, or until spread has melted. Stir halfway through.
2 Cool for 5 minutes. Beat in egg and soda. In a separate bowl, sift flour together with mixed spice, cinnamon and ginger. Beat sifted ingredients into wet ingredients.
3 Pour into a lined glass microwave-proof loaf dish. Cover with a paper towel. Cook on high for 4-5 minutes, or until just set. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before turning out. Cool before slicing.
- All timings are guidelines only as individual microwaves will vary slightly.
- Once cooled, this cake can be frozen. Unless you plan to serve the gingerbread within two days, freeze any remaining slices.
- Click here for some handy microwave tips.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
One comment on Gingerbread
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Cooked it in a conventional oven at 170C for about 30 -35 mins. Tasted good but top cracked.