(at time of publication)
- ¼ cup honey
- 100g reduced-fat spread
- ½ cup soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon OR 1 teaspoon dried cinnamon and 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Place honey, spread, sugar and milk in a microwave-proof bowl and cook on high for 2 1/2 minutes, or until spread has melted. Stir halfway through.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Beat in egg and soda. In a separate bowl, sift flour together with mixed spice, cinnamon and ginger. Beat sifted ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Pour into a lined glass microwave-proof loaf dish. Cover with a paper towel. Cook on high for 4-5 minutes, or until just set. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before turning out. Cool before slicing.
- All timings are guidelines only as individual microwaves will vary slightly.
- Once cooled, this cake can be frozen. Unless you plan to serve the gingerbread within two days, freeze any remaining slices.
- Click here for some handy microwave tips.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.