Green pea, feta and mint fritters
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup trim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 75g feta, crumbled
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 large courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, coarsely grated, squeezed of excess moisture
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- oil spray
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 4 slices toasted wholegrain bred, to serve
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
- In a large bowl whisk together milk and eggs. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth. Add feta, peas, courgette mint and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Spoon 1/4 cup mixture per fritter into pan, 3 fritters at a time. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Repeat to make 12 fritters, spraying pan with more oil if necessary.
- Serve frittatas with lemon wedges, toast and salad greens drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice.
For a different taste and added colour, replace courgettes with 2 grated large carrots.