Grilled salmon burgers with dill-caper sauce
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 2 teaspoons baby capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 x 120g salmon-tail fillets (thin triangular pieces), halved lengthways
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX
- 4 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 4 dark rye rolls, halved, lightly toasted
- balsamic vinegar
- lemon wedges, to serve
Total fat 33g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 7g
- To make dill-caper sauce, in a small bowl stir yoghurt, mustard, capers and dill. Set aside.
- Place onion and cucumber in a small bowl with vinegar. Rest for 10 minutes to make a pickle.
- Set a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add oil and heat. Add salmon and cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and cooked to your liking.
- Divide 2 cups of rocket and reserved dill–caper sauce among rolls. Add a salmon fillet to each, and divide half the pickled onion and cucumber among 4 rolls.
- Place remaining rocket, pickled onion and cucumber and tomato in a salad bowl and drizzle with balsamic. Serve burgers with lemon wedges and salad.
Make it low FODMAP and/or gluten free: Swap the low-fat plain yoghurt for lactose-free plain yoghurt. Swap the red onion for finely sliced green tips of spring onion. Use gluten-free bread rolls.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us