Herby rice salad with grilled chicken and kalettes
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- ¹/³ cup brown rice
- 1 cup finely sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriandercilantroX or Vietnamese mint
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut threads, toasted
- ½ cup finely sliced green beans
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, very finely sliced
- 300g bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic-infused oil
- spray oil
- 2 cups quartered kalettes or halved Brussels sprouts
- chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Cook rice following packet instructions. When cooked, transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool. Combine rice with next 7 ingredients.
2 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place chicken on a lined baking dish. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce and garlic oil and rub over chicken. Cook chicken for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through.
3 Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Stir-fry kalettes until tender but still green. Serve chicken with rice salad, kalettes and chilli sauce, if using.
Make it gluten free: Check soy and chilli sauces are gluten free.
If you can’t find kalettes, use Brussels sprouts, silver beet or other greens.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us