Italian-style chicken patties with torn bread saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 red onion
- 500g lean chicken breast mince
- ½ cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup finely chopped oil-free sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup freshly (fine) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn
- 200g day-old ciabatta bread, torn in bite-sized pieces
- 400g cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch rocketarugulaX, trimmed
1 Finely chop half the onion. Thinly slice remaining onion.
2 Combine mince, chopped onion, breadcrumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan, garlic and 2 tablespoons basil in a large bowl. Use damp hand to mix to combine. Use 1/4 cup mixture at a time, roll into 12 balls then flatten slightly.
3 Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. Spray patties with oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 12-15 minutes or until cooked.
4 Meanwhile, to make salad place ciabatta, cherry tomatoes, remaining basil, vinegar, oil, sliced onion and rocket in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Serve salad with chicken patties.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and ciabatta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information