Italian-style chicken patties with torn bread salad
- 1 red onion
- 500g lean chicken breast mince
- ½ cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup finely chopped oil-free sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup freshly (fine) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn
- 200g day-old ciabatta bread, torn in bite-sized pieces
- 400g cherry tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch rocketarugulaX, trimmed
1 Finely chop half the onion. Thinly slice remaining onion.
2 Combine mince, chopped onion, breadcrumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan, garlic and 2 tablespoons basil in a large bowl. Use damp hand to mix to combine. Use 1/4 cup mixture at a time, roll into 12 balls then flatten slightly.
3 Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. Spray patties with oil. Cook, turning occasionally, for 12-15 minutes or until cooked.
4 Meanwhile, to make salad place ciabatta, cherry tomatoes, remaining basil, vinegar, oil, sliced onion and rocket in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Serve salad with chicken patties.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and ciabatta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like