Mediterranean vege and quinoa soup
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 potatoes or 2 orange kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons Gardening Gourmet Mediterranean seasoning paste
- 2 cups (500ml) liquid salt-reduced vegetable stock
- 1 cup quinoa (we used Alison’s Pantry Italian-flavoured Quinoa)
- 670g jar passata
- 400g can butter beans
- ½ head savoy cabbage, shredded
1 Heat oil in a non-stick pan and cook carrots, onion and celery with garlic until softened. Add potatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
2 Add paste, stock, 5 cups water and passata. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, place quinoa in a pan with 2 cups boiling water. Simmer for 8 minutes.
4 Add beans and prepared quinoa to soup and cook for 8-10 more minutes, adding cabbage for the final 4-5 minutes. Season to taste and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check stock and seasoning paste are gluten free.
This soup can be kept for up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container. Heat thoroughly before serving.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.