Thai-style meatloafReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 450g lean pork mince
- ½ cup rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 1 courgette, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 fresh chilli, finely chopped or 1-2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Use your hands to mix all ingredients together well in a large bowl. Line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper and press mixture into tin. Smooth the top evenly.
2 Place in oven and cook for 50 minutes-1 hour or until juices run clear. (If you have a meat thermometer, check the internal temperature of your meatloaf has reached a temperature of 74°C for at least 15 seconds.)
Serve this meatloaf with sweet chilli dipping sauce, steamed brown rice and a carrot and cucumber salad made using a vegetable peeler to cut ribbon strips. Dress with a light Thai-style dressing* and garnish with fresh Thai basil or fresh coriander.
*For a Thai-style dressing, try Ginger and soy marinade.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information