Japanese braised beef
Time to make: 6 hrs 10 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 600g gravy beef, chopped in 2cm chunks
- 600g waxy potatoes, scrubbed and cut in chunks
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin or brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- 120g bag baby spinach leaves or 3 cups chopped spinach
- To serve
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, finely sliced
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Using the sauté function on your slow cooker (or using a pan over a medium-high heat), brown the beef in batches for about 10 minutes.
2 Layer beef, potatoes and ginger in slow cooker. Mix miso, soy sauce, mirin, chilli and water in a jug and stir to combine. Add to slow cooker. Cook on high for 6 hours.
3 Once cooked, add spinach to slow cooker and stir through gently. Reheat until spinach is just wilted.
4 Heat sesame oil in a wok or pan and stir-fry vegetables until tender. Serve with beef and broth.
Make it gluten free: Check miso paste and soy sauce are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us