Japanese chicken and white miso dumpling soup
- Dumpling filling
- 400g chicken mince
- 4 cups blanched, drained and chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (optional, see tip)
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra to garnish
- 40 square wonton wrappers, (8cm diameter)
- 1 teaspoon rice bran oil
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, crushed to release flavour
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, washed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus wedges to garnish
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 large red chilli, sliced (optional)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, to serve
1 In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients. On each wonton wrapper, place a spoonful of mix, wet the edges and fold to seal. Set aside.
2 In a large saucepan, heat oil over a medium heat. Add green chilli, lemongrass, ginger, garlic and mushrooms. Cook 1 minute until fragrant. Add stock, 4 cups water and fish sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes to bring out flavours.
3 To the pot, add dumplings and cook for a further 10 minutes. Add bok choy, lime juice, sriracha, red chilli, if using, and spring onion. Stir and remove from heat.
4 Divide dumplings and broth among 4 bowls. Sprinkle over bean sprouts and sesame seeds, garnish with extra coriander and lime wedges and serve immediately.
Sambal oelek is an Indonesian crushed raw chilli paste. You can use sriracha if you can’t find sambal oelek.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information