Japanese prawn hotpot
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 3 x 200g packets shelf-fresh udon noodles
- 300g peeled prawns, tails removed (thawed if frozen)
- 3 large carrots, julienned or grated
- 3 cups snow peas or green
- beans, trimmed, halved
- 8 Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chopped baby bok choy, leaves and stems separated
Total fat 1g
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 In a large saucepan, place miso paste, stock, mirin and 5 cups water. Set over a high heat, cover and bring to a simmer. Stir to dissolve miso.
2 Add noodles, prawns and carrots. Cook for 3 minutes, add snow peas or beans, mushrooms and bok choy stems. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
3 Remove from heat and stir through bok choy leaves. Ladle into 4 bowls to serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check miso, stock and mirin are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us