Korean chicken tacos
(at time of publication)
- 200g chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons gochujang (see tips)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled in ribbons or julienned
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- chilli sauce, to garnish
- 4 small corn sweetcornXtortillas (we used Tio Pablo Chicas)
- 2 tablespoons kimchi, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place chicken breasts on tray, spread gochujang over chicken and roast in the oven until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
2 In a bowl, combine bean sprouts, tomatoes, cucumber and spring onion. In a small bowl, combine yoghurt and mayonnaise. Drizzle chilli sauce over.
3 In a warm frying pan or in the oven, heat tortillas. Slice chicken in thick slices. Serve tortillas with salad, yoghurt mayo and kimchi.
Make it gluten free: Check gochujang, tortillas and chilli sauce are gluten free.
Gochujang is a Korean chilli paste you can find in the supermarket international aisle or at Asian grocers. If unavailable, just use chilli sauce.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.