Lime, ginger and five-spice chicken with sesame greens
Time to make: 20 mins , plus 30 mins marinating
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Lime, ginger and five-spice marinade
- 1 chopped small red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 500g chicken tenderloins
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 300g green beans, trimmed, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted, plus extra teaspoon, to garnish
- oil spray
- 2 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Place all spice marinade ingredients in a blender or small food processor. Blend mixture until smooth.
2 Place chicken in a shallow glass or ceramic dish, cover with spice marinade and turn to coat. Cover dish and refrigerate to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3 Plunge greens into a large saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Refresh blanched greens under cold running water and drain. Place greens in a salad bowl with sesame oil, tamari and sesame seeds. Toss to coat and set aside.
4 Spray a large non-stick frying pan or grill pan with oil and set over a medium–high heat. Add prepared chicken to pan. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
5 Divide cooked chicken and reserved sesame greens among 4 plates with rice. Sprinkle with extra sesame seeds and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tamari or soy sauce and check seasoning in marinade is gluten free.
Spice marinade also works well with pork and tofu.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)