Linseed crackers with whipped feta and herbed cucumber
Time to make: 55 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Linseed crackers
- 3/4 cup ground linseeds
- 1/4 cup whole linseeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whipped feta
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Herbed cucumber
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley or basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Have an oven tray handy.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground and whole linseeds, chia seeds and salt. Whisk in ½ cup cold water. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Give the mixture another stir to bring it together into a ball of dough. Roll out between two sheets of baking paper to approx. 2mm thick. Using a sharp knife or cookie cutters, score dough into around 40 bite-sized crackers, then transfer the whole bottom sheet of baking paper with crackers on top to an oven tray and bake 35-40 minutes, or until crispy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely (crackers will crisp up further once cold). Break into individual crackers and store in an airtight container until needed (for up to 5 days).
- In a small food processor, blend the whipped feta ingredients until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides once or twice. Transfer to a small lidded container and refrigerate until needed.
- When ready to serve, slice cucumber lengthwise and scrape out seeds using a small spoon and finely chop. In a bowl, combine cucumber with herbs and lemon juice.
- To serve, top crackers with about 1/2 teaspoon whipped feta and a few pieces of cucumber.
Make it low FODMAP: Swap garlic for a drizzle of garlic-infused oil. Limit your serve to 4 crackers.
It is likely you’ll have more whipped feta than needed for this recipe. It will store in a covered container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)