Lunchbox: Broccoli, salmon and herb frittatas + snacks
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup trimmed broccoli florets
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons low-fat ricotta
- 1 ½ tablespoons plain flourall purpose flourX
- 95g can salmon in spring water, drained, flaked
- 25g frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped chives
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Plus snacks (for each lunchbox)
- 2 multigrain corn sweetcornXthins, topped with 1 slice reduced-fat cheddar and 2 slices ripe tomato
- 150g tub low-fat natural yoghurt, topped with pulp of ½ passionfruit (optional) and 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease and line the bases of two holes of a 3/4 cup-capacity muffin tin with rounds of baking paper.
2 Place the broccoli in a steamer over a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes, or until tender. Drain, roughly chop and set aside to cool.
3 Whisk the eggs and ricotta together in a medium bowl. Stir through the flour, broccoli, salmon, spinach and chives. Ladle mixture into prepared muffin tins. Bake for 25 minutes, or until filling is puffed, golden and set.
4 Set aside to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve each frittata with 2 cups mixed salad leaves.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and corn thins.
Frittatas will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
Note: Nutrition information applies to total lunchbox.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information